Translate

Monday, May 23, 2011

Glencroft Dollhouse Build Unpainted but Finished

(The Original Day Of This Entry was July 21, 2005)


I am finished with the basic construction of the house. I have finished my paperclay shingles and stained and assembled the front door and windows. I will not use the fence pieces that came with the house because the paper clay threw off the dimensions of it and I may use iron fences instead. I'm still undecided.




I also LOVED the design of the plastic windows that came with this house, but I wanted a lead look so I scanned them into my computer and changed the color of the lines to black. I then printed them off on transparency film and cut them to size. They turned out wonderful.


I hope to paint the stone & brick tomorrow and shingles and start on the yard. This house is VERY impressive. I had a hard time on some of the steps but after I got past the Beams, everything else was fine. I did not add the Tudor trim so I can not say how simple that part was but everything else was a breeze. I made it harder by adding all of this paper clay. B)

More to come soon!! Thank You for stopping by to read my blog!!

2 comments:

1717 said...

This house has great form, I like very much.
I can not wait to see how you're ready, now it is beautiful!
Hugs!!
Magda

MinisOnTheEdge said...

Thank you so much Magda! I am so happy you are enjoying watching my building process.