Sunday, May 22, 2011

Arthur Dollhouse Kit Outlets & Siding

I actually did most of my work late last night while everyone was asleep. I added outlets in the bedroom and I made a nonworking ceiling light a working one with replaceable bulbs.

I finished adding the roof and started putting siding on the front wall. I will add the porch later on today after I paint the front first. :p  I spent a total of 2 hours last night on the house. I painted the bathroom added the roof and siding outside.

Today turned out to be a rainy & wet day but I added the outdoor chimney and stack. I cut these parts from 1/2" thick foam core. I did not use a pattern, I guess I "eyeballed" it a bit. 

I will cover it and the foundation with paper clay later (Linda was right, I can't do a dollhouse without adding paperclay). I glued it to the outside and I added the stack to the top of the roof.

I added the Corona siding to the house. This is individual siding strips and I only used 1 1/2 bags because I have the Chimney. I will paint it next then add porch. It took me a total of 1 hour 40 minutes. NOW.... on to the painting!!

Thanks for following along today!

No comments: