Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

ChrisV Searching for A Starry Night


What a Great Mystery!! I grew up reading Mysteries such as the Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys, I remember reading the book Stranger with My Face by Lois Duncan and I must say that the author Christine Verstraete (Well known online as ChrisV) has provided my daughters and even me with a wonderful mystery with her book Searching For A Starry Night, A Miniature Art Mystery.

We were so wrapped up in this cute mystery with wonderful characters Sam and Lita and of course, the wonderful dachshund dog named Petey. Each character was well developed and several of the nights I read the story to my girls, they did not fall asleep until I left the room because it was a story that captures and holds your attention (No matter your age). We were able to feel we also were following along with them as they unravel the mystery behind the missing painting "The Starry Night" that is a miniature and fits inside of the dollhouse.

I think it's a Great read and Chris, I wish to Congratulate you my dear friend on your first paperback novel!

No comments: