Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Magnolia Dollhouse Build Blog Days 5 - 9

April 9 2007
Posted by Minis On The Edge
Days 5 - 9 Of "The Maggie"


This house is really a Fast Build. I completed it in 10 days with working on it just a few hours every night. I added the window trim and it really makes this house begin to POP I also added the porch roof and porch trim. I covered the plastic windows so that I could do touch ups to the window frames. I LOVE this house and look forward to making another one soon




These are pictures of the staircase assembly. I used Quick Grip glue because it is paintable




I used the foundation brick sheet that came with the house kit. I put a dirty wash of black paint over it to color the mortar Gray. You can see the difference it can make because the left side has the "dirty wash" & the right side shows the natural way it comes in the kit (which looks to clean to my eyes)



 I also decided it was time to add the roof


This house is almost finished in time for Xmas giving. I'll tell you the story about this client I was building this kit for soon. Towards the end of the blog. His story is what kept me working so hard and so late in the early morning hours to have this done in time. It's a True Story about a Grandpa in a VA hospital and the love he had for his Grand daughter......
Thanks for stopping by to read my Blog today!! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

:)

No comments: