Translate

Monday, January 25, 2010

P90X Workouts WORK! Lean Version Schedule

P90X is a workout program that I started doing March 2009. I completed my 90 days of workouts in June 2009 and was very pleased with the results. The first time I did P90X, I did the Lean version and though I love the classic version that I did during the summer, I have found that the lean version works best for me and so I have decided that today is the day for me to start back again! This month started out super busy and so once again, I am starting the last week of January to work out.  I plan to start the lean version stay on the lean one for the full 90 days and then do the classic schedule of work outs after I complete this.


I typed out the schedule below because I have lost this schedule several times and could not find it online again without buying it. I have several friends I have met online who also lost their copy and today is the day we are starting it. I picked P90X to start with. What are the rest of you gonna do to start this year off  to a great start towards physical health? Please post about it in your blogs.  The schedule for the Lean Version starts like this:

Phase 1
Weeks 1,2,3
Day 1 - Core Synergistics
Day 2 - Cardio X
Day 3 - Shoulders & Arms (and Ab Ripper X)
Day 4 - Yoga
Day 5 - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6 - Kenpo X
Day 7 - Rest (or X Stretch)

Week 4 (RECOVERY Week)
Day 1 - Yoga X
Day 2 - Core Synergistics
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - X Stretch
Day 5 - Cardio X
Day 6 - Yoga X
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch

Phase 2
Week 5,6,7
Day 1 - Core Synergistics
Day 2 - Cardio X
Day 3 - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 5 - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 6 - Kenpo X
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch


Week 8 (RECOVERY Week)
Day 1 - Yoga X
Day 2 - Core Synergistics
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - X Stretch
Day 5 - Cardio X
Day 6 - Yoga X
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch

Phase 3 
Please notice weeks 9 & 11 you do things one way and weeks 10 & 12 you do the other ones

Weeks 9, 11
Day 1 - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 2 - Cardio X
Day 3 - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 5 - Core Synergistics
Day 6 - Kenpo X
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch


Weeks 10, 12
Day 1- Chest Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 2 - Cardio X
Day 3 - Back & Biceps, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 - Yoga X
Day 5 - Core synergistics
Day 6 - Kenpo X
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch


Week 13 (Recovery Week)

Day 1 - YogaX
Day 2 - Core synergistics
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - X Stretch
Day 5 - Cardio
Day 6 - Yoga
Day 7 - Rest or X Stretch

Last week I received a email from Beachbody.com regarding the benefits of P90X. Also, last week on Good Morning America, they rated the P90X program at a B+  It really works if you work it. Here is a link to the article

Yesterday, my husband and I started our "Latin Dance" class and it was so fun! My husband is Rythmatically challenged (I told him there is no such word as Rythmatically but, he liked the sound of that better than my stating he is rhythmless LOL). We took the class with some of our friends and it was fun and crazy. I can feel the rythm and I love to dance but, when you are learning to do the "Salsa" and the person leading finds it hard to "feel" the music, it causes a funny scene in the class for sure LOL. We practiced for an hour after we got home and he is MUCH better. We will practice a couple of times every day because we will learn a total of 4 dances all together.

4 comments:

Renee' said...

So great to meet another P90X'er that had success. I am looking for viewers to submit their success stories, questions or comments on my website to help others understand the power of P90X. If you want to contribute that would be great. My site is www.home-fitness-workouts.com/p90x-reviews.html Thanks so much in advance.

MinisOnTheEdge said...

Hi There Renee! I follow you on Twitter. I have not taken my recent after pictures yet (Still debating on if I'll just to a head shot or what LOL). I Love the P90X workout and it's great to see others who are ready to "Bring It"!

JenniferKy said...

Tracy if you loved the dance class you will LOVE Zumba! Give it a try and you will be hooked!
Glad to see you are having fun it is so hard to enjoy exercising as it is but when you do find something that you do enjoy doing it keeps you motivated..
mini hugs
Jennifer

MinisOnTheEdge said...

Jennifer, I saw there are some Zumba DVDs . I might have to try those out. I keep hearing that the class is fun!